Go APE!

Go APE!

Monday, April 14, 2008

A Note from TheTeach...

Sharing a message from TheTeach...

Once again thetheach is stopping by and responding to your blogs. I must say, this topic is much more palatable than genetic engineering. I found that topic interesting yet disturbing.

I always look forward to reading your blogs. All of you have the potential of becoming strong writers. Sure some of you have to work harder than others to hone your craft, but all of you possess the potential. Each time you slop through a written assignment, you short-change yourself and your classmates. For the most part, however, I think each of you takes time to think about the message you want to share with your audience.

I would not bother being the outside responder if I did not think you had potential and certain inner strengths that need challenging. You have the potential to change our world as you become adults. We need youth who think independently but carefully. The more carefully you research, discuss, and experiment with the written word, the stronger your prose will become.

I suggest you print this blog and tuck it away in that place where you keep various treasures. Then in a few years, take it out, read, and decide if your ideas remain the same.

Keep up the good work!!!

Remember if you want to respond privately to anything I write, you can write to theteach@theteachonline.net

theteach

2 comments:

zizzi said...

Hello,
I don't know if I will be in class tomorrow. But if I am not, I do not mind if you share my poems with the class. If you have time to spare, I would like a response to them. If not, that is fine too.
See you soon!
Zizzi

theteach said...

OFF TOPIC:

I thought of all of you today as I read one email in particular from a mother in St. Louis who felt some the ground move during the earthquake in Illinois. I wondered what you would have done if you had been in a similar situation.

She wrote that her being awakened did not surprise her, but that her 17 year old was awakened did surprise her. The teen got up immediately, went to her computer, and within 5 minutes was on Facebook where she found dozens of messages from other teens who had awakened.